Friday, June 23, 2006

First Day at the Regional

I arrived in Vancouver, WA, yesterday evening for this year’s NW Masters Regional. This is the first time I attend the Regional, so I am a bit nervous. Everyone said that it is a lot of fun and one of the goals (besides winning) is to be in as many races as possible. I am in 4 events, a couple of which have heats. I thought that was quite a bit, but I guess not so: many people have 6 and some have quite a few more.

Last time I drove down to Portland, OR, it took me just over 2 hours; so I was quite surprised that it took me 4 hours to get here! The traffic on I-5 near Tacoma was a real drag!! I am staying at the Quality Inn like many other people from the club and despite the fact that it is an older hotel, the room is clean and HUGE! It is a studio apartment with a real fridge, stove and oven plus microwave!

My first race is not until the end of the day; in fact, it is the last race of the day! I guess I could have come this morning instead, but it is nice to relax a bit before the race. I have brought my book, iPod and my camping chair, so I can just park myself at the tent and help out as needed. I also met up with a few others for dinner last night and it was good to socialize with people I see 3 times a week and work together as a team. Time to head out for breakfast and then off to the grocery store to get a few things.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home