Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Plum and Cinnamon Crumble

Made plum and cinnamon crumble last night and used up 2 lb of the plums. And it was yummy! I will need to make some adjustment to the crumble next time, but it still turned out really well. I am not much of a baker, but fruit crumbles are easy to make… at least I don’t have to make a pie crust!

Crumble:
8 oz plain flour
3 oz butter (I would recommend increasing this to 4 to 4.5oz butter)
4 oz brown sugar

Fruit Filling:
2 lb plums halved and stoned
4 oz brown sugar (I used a bit less than this because the plums were quite ripe already)
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 350˚F (I used the convection bake function in my oven and set it to the same level).

Cut the butter into small pieces and then rub the flour in until the butter is well-distributed. Add in the sugar and mix it well. (All this has to be done by hand and is quite therapeutic!) Set this aside.

Lay the plums at the bottom of a pie dish or casserole dish (I used my Pyrex 8”x10” casserole dish), sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon over the plums. Then sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly over the plums. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes (I did it for 40 minutes with browning options because I like the top to be a bit browner, but because I didn’t put enough butter in the crumble this time, it didn’t work quite as well as I have hoped. If I use more butter next time, it may not take as long).

I think I will use some of the apples for an apple and cinnamon crumble when we get back from California. Very easy and very yummy.

1 Comments:

At 12:04 AM, Blogger Bernice said...

Hello! In response to your comment on my blog, the cricket count is something I do every time I go into work and sell crickets for people to feed to their pets. It started because one of my sisters has a Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha rating thing everytime she has one. Everytime I came home from work, they would ask me "Did you sell any crickets today". So, I got the idea to keep a running total on how many I sell. Fish; on the other hand, I've probably sold thousands now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home