Monday, April 02, 2007

Gander is a Rock Star

Believe it or not, Gander got 2 qualifying scores for the AKC Rally Novice Title last weekend at the WSOTC Obedience Trial! I was obviously a nervous wreck before the show and did not sleep well Friday night. Saw Linda there and she told me to 'just get over it!' to which Dan just smirked because he has been telling me that the whole time!

Anyway, this was the first time we really did a real course. It was quite straight forward and we had plenty of time to familiarize ourselves with the course (without the dogs). Gander was great when we were practicing with food before our turn, but there were so many yummy smells that he did not get to check out once we were in the ring that it was hard keeping him focused. Nonetheless, he did well for a newbie! I am proud of him and it was nice to know that we could get this far. There were 2 dogs who got disqualified on both days and they seemed like such well-trained dogs outside of the ring! What a shame!

Well, once I get the May schedule, I will know if I could attend the next show in Renton. This has been fun and I even started to relax some!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home