Friday, October 20, 2006

New Rowing Experience

I was quite nervous when I first found out that I would be rowing in a pair this morning, with none other than our very own National Champ, Wendy, who won in the women's lightweight pair with Hanna this year!

Surprisingly, I had a much better experience doing that than sculling in a double for the first time. Technically, a pair is less stable than a double, but because I am more comfortable with sweep rowing, even though the boat was a bit unstable at times, I was more confident in making adjustments to make things work.

And to top it all, the water was was perfect this morning: no rain, not much wind and it was too dark for any water skiers.

The only down side is that I am a bit out of shape and wth a double, there is no rest at any time!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home