Sunday, November 12, 2006

Productive Weekend

We were extremely lucky yesterday during the Greenlake Frostbite Regatta. This was my second regatta this year (and also the last until next season). I was in 3 races - 2 women's four and 1 mixed 8. The first women's 4, we had never rowed that line-up before; in fact, 2 of the people were from a different class. The second women's 4 was a line-up we have practiced in class before and apparently, we were leading the whole way until the sprint when we were overtaken. Due to the age handicap, we were bumped down to 3rd place. Not too bad for me as I did not get placed in any of my races back in the regional earlier this year. As for the mixed 8, we were the 3rd to cross the line, but I don't know the final results after they worked out the handicap. Nonetheless, I had a good time and have at least 1 ribbon. Also, the forecast was heavy rain and strong winds, but it was dry the whole day until the after all the races were over! What luck! 'Historically', the Frostbite always get cut short due to bad weather.

I was hoping to have Pam and Ivy over so that Pam and I could chat and the pups could run around in the yard, but it was pouring down this morning when I got up, so we had to do it another day. Instead, Dan and I got an earlier start on our home reno project. We got our shopping list together and headed to Lowe's for the supplies. Just out luck that the baseboards we want will not be in for another week because they have changed vendors and are in between shipments! So we ended up getting the door for the laundry room and stain and worked what we've got.

We stained all the pine panelling in Gander's room and the new door. The colour turned out very nice and we are now waiting to have dinner and then put the door in - now that would be a challenge as it is a pocket door and the door itself is super heavy! We will see how that works out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home