Wednesday, August 31, 2005

2005 Row for the Cure


As some of you already know, I started rowing again in the past year and we have an exciting race coming up which will be good training for the fall head races, but above all, it is for a wonderful cause. Many of us know of friends and/or family members who are affected by breast cancer. This is what Row for the Cure is about: to benefit the Puget Sound Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. It will take place on Sunday, September 18 and it is a 3500-meter head race for rowing shells, kayaks and outrigger canoes and meters TBD for dragon boats on Lake Union in Seattle.

Even though it is not determined if I will be rowing in an 8+ or a 4+ yet, I know for sure I will be rowing hard and sweating lots that day. Now, here is what you can do to help motivate me to push myself a little further that day: Make a pledge for the event. All the funds will go to the Puget Sound Affiliate of the Susan G. Kormen Breast Cancer Foundation.

Here is the official blurb on the pledge form:
Please make checks payable to ‘Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.’ Donations are tax deductible. The taxpayer ID of Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation is 91-1624040. Receipts: In compliance with IRS requirements, receipts should be issued for individual contributions of $250 and above. A canceled check will serve as a receipt for contributions under $250. We encouraged each participant (that’s me!) to raise a minimum of $150, which is the cost of a screening mammogram.

For those of you outside of the U.S., please do not fret, I have thought of a way to help you contribute to this great cause! You could send me money via my PayPal account which is associated with my hotmail account. You can set up a PayPal account very easily and can send money in a variety of currencies other than your local one. I have used it for purchases online and it is very secure and convenient. I can then write a check on your behalf. Don’t you just love technology?

If you would like to make a pledge, please provide me your phone number, e-mail and snail mail address (just stuff that I need to put on the pledge form). If you want to find out more about this event or the Puget Sound Affiliate of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation, check out their website at
http://www.komenseattle.org/. Please send me your contribution before September 18. Thanks so much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home